Thu, Mar 23|
Clovis Veterans Memorial District
Laitram Nut School Fresno 2023
Join us for the first Laitram Nut School through a partnership with our sister company Commercial Food Sanitation and Leaders in the Nut Industry. The focus of this school will be on the Product, Environment, and Equipment Safety to process Tree Nuts.
Time & Location
Mar 23, 2023, 8:30 AM PDT – Mar 24, 2023, 4:00 PM PDT
Clovis Veterans Memorial District, 808 4th St, Clovis, CA 93612, USA
About the Event
Laitram Machinery is committed to providing our prospects and customers with the best products and services. As part of this commitment, we strive to educate and empower the industries where we participate and share learnings and insights with the Nut Industry in the USA. This year we are doing our first Nut School through a partnership with our sister company Commercial Food Sanitation. The focus of this school will be on the Product, Environment, and Equipment Safety to process Tree Nuts.
Who should attend:
Any team members from the Nut Industry who need or desire to learn critical details about Nut Pasteurization, the hygienic design of equipment and infrastructure, sanitation, food safety, and validations, including:
- Project managers
- Plant managers in food processing facilities
- Sanitation and quality supervisors
- Operations and maintenance managers/supervisors
- Managers from plant, micro-, and corporate quality areas
We've invited several Industry leaders to present in a two-day interactive in-person school, different subjects from Microbiology in Tree Nuts to Equipment Sanitation, Regulations, Equipment Validations, and Lethality.
- Gary Grey: Process Authority at Certified Food Safety Center. Gary retired from Blue Diamond Almonds after 33 years of quality and food safety administration service. For the past 15 years, he has been active in process validations in the tree nut industry. He is associated with the Certified Food Safety Center (CFSC), a division of Certified Laboratories, and is approved by the Almond Board of California as a process authority.
- Paul Favia: Owner at Crystal Process Equipment LLC. Paul has over 40 years of experience in the Food Processing Equipment business, primarily focused on thermal processes for sterilization, pasteurization, and concentration. He has been deeply involved with tree nut pasteurization since 2005 and deeply understands the evolution of the technologies as it has evolved over its short history.
- Roger A. Isom: President/CEO of California Cotton Ginners and Growers Association and Western Agricultural Processors Association
- Richard Brouillette: Food Safety Director CFS. Starting as an industrial microbiologist, Richard quickly moved to corporate sanitation and quality roles in which he was responsible for developing programs, procedures, training, and working with internal manufacturing locations and external manufacturers and suppliers.
- Yanying (Clara) Pan: Clara joined Commercial Food Sanitation in 2014. She provides sanitation and food safety training and consulting services to food manufacturing facilities. Her skill sets include sanitation, environmental monitoring, micro troubleshooting, allergen cleaning, and hygienic design.
- Helen Xi: Business Development Analyst Intralox
- Hayley Brashier: Business Development Manager for Laitram Machinery.
- Michael Sclafini: CoolSteam Product Manager for Laitram Machinery
Commercial Food Sanitation: Through their consulting and training programs, Commercial Food Sanitation (CFS) helps food processors improve food safety and operational excellence. CFS, an Intralox company since 2012, specializes in Sanitation, Hygienic design, Pathogen control, Allergen management, Good manufacturing practices (GMPs), and Cleaning effectiveness and efficiency.
Event Address: 808 4th Street, Clovis, CA 93612
- Ticket Cost: $150 US p/person
- 2-Day In-Person Training Sessions
- Includes Coffe Breaks, Lunch, and a Closing Cocktail
- Certificate of Participation
- Parking Included
Directions: From 99 North or South: Take 180 E. Freeway to Kings Canyon. Merge onto 168 E towards Shaver Lake/Clovis. Exit Herdon Ave., make a right at the exit, and right again at the first street light- Clovis Ave. Turn left onto 3rd street and then right onto Veterans Parkway. The Clovis Veterans Memorial District north lobby entrance is off the corner of Veterans Parkway and 4th street.
Introduction to Nut School
Microbiology of Peanut & Tree nuts